In line with government guidance and requirements for re-opening, we have been working hard to ensure compliance and are happy to confirm that we are Covid-19 Secure.
Now things are further relaxed, we are eager to embrace this, but also committed to being a covid-safe place to visit and work.
It is very important to us that we do everything possible to protect the safety of our staff and customers. We have risk assessed and developed new and improved ways of working to make sure that we can still do our jobs but in an adapted way that ensures we are doing all we can to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We’re working with our staff and keeping these new measures up to date. Please read the points below to familiarise yourself with the changes you’ll notice when you visit us.
We are asking all visitors, staff and guests not to come to our premises if they have any of the following symptoms: a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
When booking a table and arriving at The Talbot:
- We are continuing to operate our bookings system on busy nights to ensure that we can control and stagger arrivals and traffic through the premises – please arrive on time to help us manage our bookings
- Cleaning and sanitising will still be a priority – your table will be reserved for 1 hour and 45 minutes unless agreed otherwise. This allows us to clear and safely prepare your table for the next guests
- All staff and customers will still be temperature checked on entry to the premises
- Masks are no longer required by law, but we’re happy if you still want to wear one
- We’re still welcoming all guests on arrival and providing table service for drinks orders, but we’re relaxing restrictions on standing and sitting at the bar
- There’s no need to check in anymore!
- While social distancing is no longer a requirement, we will still be maintaining a safe distance where possible to protect you and our staff
- We ask that you still give other guests space, particularly in high traffic areas such as stairs
- We’ll also open your wine for you and may ask you to serve it, to avoid getting too close
- We’ll still be bringing your bill to the table and taking payment there so there’s no need to come to the bar
Cleaning, hand washing, hygiene and general housekeeping:
- We are limiting bookings to a 1 hour 45 minutes sitting to enable us to have adequate time to clean and sanitise tables and chairs in between
- Frequent sanitising of common touch points
- Menus, dessert lists and wine lists will be sanitised after each use
- Additional signage around our premises to help remind you about hand washing and social distancing
- We have hand-sanitiser points on the premises for your convenience