In line with government guidance and requirements for re-opening, we have been working hard to ensure compliance and are happy to confirm that we are Covid-19 Secure.
Now things are being relaxed, we are eager to embrace this, but also committed to being a covid-safe place to visit and work.
It is very important to us that we do everything possible to protect the safety of our staff and customers. We have risk assessed and developed new and improved ways of working to make sure that we can still do our jobs but in an adapted way that ensures we are doing all we can to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We’re working with our staff and keeping these new measures up to date. Please read the points below to familiarise yourself with the changes you’ll notice when you visit us.
We are asking all visitors, staff and guests not to come to our premises if they have any of the following symptoms: a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
When booking a table and arriving at The Talbot:
- We are operating a bookings only system on busy nights to ensure that we can control and stagger arrivals and traffic through the premises – please arrive on time to help us manage our bookings
- Cleaning and sanitising will still be a priority – your table will be reserved for 1 hour and 45 minutes unless agreed otherwise. This allows us to clear and safely prepare your table for the next guests
- All staff and customers will still be temperature checked on entry to the premises
- Masks are no longer required by law, but we’re happy if you still want to wear one. Our staff will be wearing masks in the meantime.
- Please wait to be seated when you arrive and please do not lean across the bar
- We will still have our NHS Test and Trace QR code on display for you to use to check in if you wish – this is no longer a legal requirement, but a Government recommendation
- While social distancing is no longer a requirement, we will still be maintaining a safe distance where possible to protect you and our staff
- We ask that you still give other guests space, particularly in high traffic areas such as stairs
- We’ll also open your wine for you may ask you to serve it, to avoid getting too close
- Bars will be closed for direct service; instead we’ll be offering table service and clearing glasses throughout the evening to protect our staff
- We’ll be bringing your bill to the table and taking payment there so there’s no need to come to the bar- both bars will still be closed for direct service
Cleaning, hand washing, hygiene and general housekeeping:
- We are providing our staff with rapid testing with the aim of limiting the spread of the virus where there are no symptoms
- We are limiting bookings to a 1 hour 45 minutes sitting to enable us to have adequate time to clean and sanitise tables and chairs in between
- Frequent sanitising of common touch points
- Menus, dessert lists and wine lists will be sanitised after each use
- Additional signage around our premises to help remind you about hand washing and social distancing
- Hand-sanitiser points on entry and outside the toilets
- Staff will be washing their hands between all tasks. This may mean things take a little bit longer, but we’re sure you’ll agree it’s worth it
- We are suspending use of our cloakroom to avoid guest’s coats hanging together
- Doors will be propped open where possible to avoid unnecessary contact with door handles
- Encouraging the use of card, contactless and Apple Pay and sanitising the card machine between uses. We are still also accepting cash